In a shocking case of negligence, over 125 students of a Government middle school in Laxminagar fell ill on Tuesday immediately after consuming midday meal. Panic struck the students after they discovered a lizard in their meal.
Students of the Utkramit Madhya Vidyalaya, aged between six to 14 years, were rushed to the MGM Medical College and Hospital after complaints of abdominal pain and vomiting and about 25 students out of 125 were put on drips.
On Tuesday, the students had gathered for ‘khichdi’ in the afternoon which is being operated by the Iskcon’s Food Relief Foundation at the Ramdas Bhatta near Bistupur.
While the students were having lunch, a student Payal Kumari discovered a lizard on her plate. As the teachers came to know about it, they stopped serving food. By then many students had started complaining stomachache and started vomiting. As the news spread, there was chaos on the campus.